Monday, February 04, 2008

Pooling our Interests & Getting Them All Squared Away!

For all of you who participated and have been waiting to hear who the winners are from this year's "SUPERBOWL POOL" here at SPYC, and ESPECIALLY to the man who called in at the end of the first quarter to get the numbers, all I can say is ..."You should have been here"! Although, if it was information and details that one needed to know, they didn't do much for me as I was so busy I didn't see much more than a few minutes of the entire game, and then only after everyone was eating, quiet & rather subdued while giving me THE GLARE that must have coined the phrase "If Looks Could Kill", did I even take notice of what was happening!! Hell what did I do? Besides running around taking care of your libations, snacks and comfort, somewhere in my oblivion I also had the winning square of the first 1/4! Yeah! ......And as the tension rose, in their quiet glare I found I also had picked the 1/2 time square! Yeah, Yeah!! BUT... That wasn't enough apparently, because after the third 1/4 --- well.... all I can say is: "It's NOT my fault that these guys can't score any more touchdowns"!! ----It was only one square!! I guess we'll have to chock that one up as "beginner's luck", because I don't think I've ever been in a (football) pool before. Oh Well.....Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!

NOW...Congratulations also goes to the other Square, for the final score--- Liqueur
HEY! You never called back......Where For Art Thou?

No comments: